TMBS Shallow Cup, Cushioned Rim, Wide Bore, Bb Bugle Mouthpiece
This mouthpiece is designed for use with UK MOD Pattern, Wide Bore, Bb Bugles.
It has a Cushioned Rim, Shallow Cup depth and a slightly wider taper on the Shank for use with Wider Bore or Wider Diameter Piped Bugles.
It would (in our opinion) be ideal for playing the higher range of Bugle notes (depending on the players ability) and would also be ideal for the more experienced players to play the higher notes without getting tired quickly.
- Cushioned Rim (for comfort on the lips)
- Shallow Cup Depth (for better access to the higher note range)
- Short Bugle Shank (shorter in length, than a trumpet mouthpiece shank) to help create a smooth, mellow, traditional Bugle sound
- Wider Bore (Shank Diameter)
- Cup depth = approximately 8mm
- Cup Width = approximately 16mm
- Shank Length = approximately 33mm
- Shank Tapers from approximately 10mm up to 13mm
Please measure across the diameter of the pipe on your Bugle, where the Mouthpiece fits into, before ordering this Mouthpiece.
The Deeper the cup depth, the easier it is to play the lower notes in a Bugles range (though using a Deep Cup may affect your ability to play the higher notes).
The Shallower the Cup Depth, the easier it is to play the higher notes in a Bugles range (though using a Shallow Cup may affect your ability to play the lower notes)
Note: Price is for 1 Mouthpiece only